Certified Project Risk Planner (CPRP)
Certified Project Risk Planner – CPRP™
Whether you are implementing a new software, developing new products or expanding into new markets, projects are critical for both the growth and long-term success of organizations. However, project completions statistics are sobering; too many risks issues are neglected and badly managed. The CHAOS report from the Standish group in particular highlights that 66% of all projects implementations will fail to achieve their objectives with about 24% of them ending up in catastrophic failures for their organizations.
Hence, purpose of the CPRP™ Program is to provide a practical understanding of Project Risk Management as the discipline of organizing and managing limited resources, considering internal and external risks/constraints in a way that the project is completed effectively and is also most importantly able to achieve its objectives supporting organizational performance. The CPRP™ Program has established a recognized standard of knowledge and competence in Risk Management for Project Management practitioners and professionals.
The aim of the program is not just for participants to acquire new knowledge and get a certification, but also to develop the capabilities to apply that knowledge effectively to resolve their organization project risk management challenges. Consequently, CPRP™ graduates will:
- Objective 1: Understand & Manage UNCERTAINTY & RISKS in PROJECTS. Establish and implement a structured approach to assess a project risk profile and identify, forecast, monitor and mitigate project risk factors relevant for all kind of projects, large and small.
- Objective 2:Develop a Risk-Based Projects SELECTION Process. Learn how to ensure the effective allocation and use of scarce resources to the most important and relevant projects and risk issues of an organization.
- Objective 3:Support Effective Projects EXECUTION. Formulate effective decision-making and treatment strategies to control the effects of uncertainty on projects.
- Objective 4: Identify & Engage Project STAKEHOLDERS. Improve trust and confidence in the projects by developing the skills to communicate effectively risk information and influence relevant project stakeholders.
- Objective 5:Build a SYSTEM & CULTURE of Project Risk Management. Nurture favourable conditions for your project success by engaging your team members, customers and management into the project risk management efforts.
Modular Structure for Busy Professionals
To allow participants to integrate our program into their work schedule, the CPRP™ Program is conducted several times each year and following a modular structure. Each program can be completed within 2 months. Busy professionals who are not based in Singapore only need to make 2 trips to Singapore. Please check out the different intakes and how the 4 days are scheduled by referring to the “Calendar & Fees” tab. Alternatively, please Contact Us to request for the CPRP™ Program Calendar.
This program is designed for executives to managers, especially the following groups of people who will find this program particularly beneficial:
- Project, Change Management & HR Specialists
- Internal Auditors
- Public Sector Officers & Government Regulation Officers
- Contract & Program Executives/Managers
- Operations & Production Management Executives/Managers
- Logistics Management Executives/Managers
- Anyone who is involved in Project Management
Both you and your organization will benefit from the CPRP™ Program.
What are the Benefits for YOU?
- Gain new knowledge of Project Risk Analysis & Management most recent and effective tools and methodologies
- Pick up Methodologies, Tools and Techniques that can be applied immediately at work to improve your effectiveness and performance
- Build your network with Project Risk Professionals and learn from direct industry experience in managing Compliance Risks
- Enhance your leadership and risk decision-making skills by learning how to identify, analyse and optimize Project Risks and Opportunities
- Earn a professional title recognizing your new knowledge & skills and gain a competitive edge enhancing your career advancement opportunities
What are the Benefits for YOUR ORGANISATION?
- Having In-House Project Risk Management Experts really able to apply Risk Management principles and tools effectively in your organization, and drive your key projects successfully
- Increase your stakeholders confidence in your organization capability to create long-term value through continuous innovation and effective project risk management
- Reduce waste and enhance operational efficiency with improved risk-based processes and control systems supported by the development of a risk aware culture
Prospective CPRP™ applicants should:
- Hold a university degree from an accredited institution
- Possess a minimum of 1 year of professional experience
Your application will only be considered when the Program Application Form is duly completed. Upon review, you will be informed by email whether your application has been accepted or not.
The CPRP™ Program consists of 4 workshop modules and provides a comprehensive and structured learning path both in scope and depth covering the Project Risk Management Process:
The Learning Journey Towards Certification
The learning journey towards certification consists essentially of the 3 steps described below:
To obtain the Certification, participants are required to pass successfully the different assessment components required to qualify for accreditation purposes. Assessment is necessary to ensure the quality of the graduates by reviewing the candidate’s ability to meet the requirements of the professional competency standards.
- Attend the 4 required workshop modules
- Pass the on-site exam
- The sit-in exam consists of 35 mutliple choice questions and 5 short essay questions, which is administered on site. The time allotted is 1 hour.
- Participation and exercises will also be evaluated during the workshops and will count for the final grade
Upon completion of the program’s requirements for the workshop modules, assignments and examination, candidates will be awarded the:
Certified Project Risk Planner (ARiMI-CPRP™) Designation
Continuous Professional Development: Complete the ARiMI LECP™ Learning and Competency Standards by Progressing to CPRM™ after CPRP™
The CPRP™ program is a powerful learning experience, but it is only 1 step in your professional development journey. You can further pursue the Certified Professional Risk Manager (ARiMI-CPRM™) Designation:
- The CPRM™ Program is designed to develop highly effective decision-makers, who are able to manage risks and opportunities, whatever functions they have in the organizations.
The CPRP™ course content already covers 50% of the CPRM™ course curriculum. Hence, it eases your way to complete successfully the program’s assessments, should you wish to continue your development (and aspiration) as a RISK MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL or LEADER.
Check out the TESTIMONIALS and hear what our graduates say about our programs and what they have learnt through the experience.
For more information about the progression from CPRP™ to CPRM™, please contact us simply by using the Contact Us form.
Program Calendar Overview for 2018 & 2019
We have 2 CPRP™ intakes per calendar year that take place in Singapore. Each intake consists of 4 program modules organised into 2 sessions spread over 2 consecutive months. Busy professionals will be able to plan ahead of time and find an intake that suits their work schedule. Participants who are not based in Singapore will only need to make 2 trips to attend the program in Singapore.
Please note that courses and dates are subject to change.
Course & Exam Fees
The table below provides the relevant detailed information about the program and exam fees.
|Published Course Fee||SGD 3,585 nett|
|Early Bird Course Fee||SGD 2,595 nett|
Note: The above-mentioned activities and items are subject to change. CPRP™ participants are fully responsible for all travel arrangements, accommodation and associated costs.
Grants & Discounts Available
We have discounts/grants for the program. Check below to see what are the type of discounts available, for which you may be eligible to apply. Please also note that discounts are not applicable to examination fees.
- Group Discount:
- 15% off published course fee for companies registering 2 or more of their staff for the same intake of the CPRP™ Program
- Early Bird Discount:
- Early bird discount is only available when applicable. If you would like to receive early bird discount news for the next intake, please Contact Us.
- Emerging Economies Discount:
- is available to applicants from emerging economies. Contact us to find out if you qualify.
- Tax Deductions /Cash Payout:
- Companies can claim 400% tax deductions or 40% cash payout of total training expenditure under the Productivity and Innovation Credit (PIC) Scheme. Terms and Conditions apply. For more information, please check out IRAS website:https://www.iras.gov.sg/irashome/Schemes/Businesses/Productivity-and-Innovation-Credit-Scheme/.
- 20% discount on published course fee applicable for Alumni of NUS, NTU, SMU, SIM and SUTD who are NOT sponsored by their company/organisation.
- of up to 30% on published course fee applicable on a case-by-case basis may be granted to people who are NOT sponsored by an organisation. Contact us for more information.
- is available to applicants from emerging economies. Contact us to find out if you qualify.
- is available when you register early. If you would like to receive early bird discount news for the next intake, please Contact us.
- Professional education is an investment for your future. If you’re based in Singapore and need a 12-month loan to make that investment, there are solutions available, such as POSB Personal Loan*. We will absorb the 3% processing fee that is chargeable by POSB – up to S$116.40, whichever is lower. Terms & conditions apply. Please contact us before you register for a program.
- If Registrant is self-sponsored, payment of fees cannot be made by any company account
- Registrants are entitled to only one category of discount. All discount offers cannot be combined with any other offers.
- Discounts are not applicable to examination fees.
- *ARiMI is not affiliated with any banks or financial institutes. All loan applications are subject to underwriting guidelines and approval of the bank or financial institute. This does not constitute an offer to lend. ARiMI shall accept no responsibility or liability for damage or loss or any unsettled loan amount incurred by any participant.
Participants are coming from a wide range of industry bringing a wealth of perspectives on critical Risk Management issues and illustrating the critical importance of effective Project Risk Management for every industry sectors and job funtions. Take this opportunity to build your network with a peers group of project and risk management professionals from a wide range of industries and learn from direct industry experience in managing Project Risks.
Group Profile Snapshot
- Strong academic background
- International exposure & mindset
- significant business experience
- Age range: 20’s and early 40’s
- Strong leadership potential and maturity
Testimonials from Past Participants
Majority of the participants of the ARiMI-CPRP™ programs are sponsored by their organisations and you can find these graduates in many industry sectors and organizations around Asia:
Partnering with ARiMI
Should you wish to work more closely with us to ensure that both your employees and your organization can reap the maximum benefits from the program, simply contact us for more information.
Learning Methods, Format & Environment
How you learn is as important as What you learn
We know that square pegs don’t fit into round holes! That people with different background and experiences react and learn differently. Hence, to support effective learning, our Programs are structured around the following Learning Principles:
Many professionals returning to “school” have mental images of one-way lectures and learning as a “memorisation” exercise. Our programs are (a lot) different, they follow a practical workshop format. Our Faculty offer their deep expertise, but this is done with active participation and debates with the class participants.
In fact, at ARiMI we don’t use the word “student” – we use “participant” as the people joining the program are established professionals with already a lot of work experience. One key objective of our faculty is to tap on such experience and to encourage active debate and exchange of ideas, opinions and best practices in order to foster collective learning while maintaining at all time a respectful and constructive learning environment. This experiential learning format and the use of real-life business case studies ensures participants can build on their professional experience to quickly apply the new knowledge and skills acquired in their workplace to resolve their own professional challenges.
Management Education is all about bridging the GAP between theory and practice. This is particularly true in our programs where our learning methods emphasize on practical problem-solving learning, yet grounded in solid theory.
During the workshop, learning is stimulated through case studies, role plays and debates, where we aim to reconcile the unique features of a case or organization’s particular issue with the more generalizable concepts uncovered in theoretical researches.The end result is practical learning immediately applicable at work.
As we want to ensure that participants DO build the necessary practical knowledge and skills, all course modules are conducted using a unique workshop format that fosters interaction, knowledge sharing and experiential learning.
It involves a balanced mix of fundamental lectures with effective supporting materials; interactive case presentations & debates; group discussions and sharing of experience; problem-solving exercises including computer aided workshops; action learning with case simulations with ‘role plays’.
With Learning, the results you get are proportionate to the efforts you put in. Hence, we strongly encourage our participants to take “ownership” their learning. This means that they are encored to clarify their learning objectives, they come prepared for workshops and participate to contribute actively to their own learning and the learning of others.
A significant amount of learning occurs by listening to other participants and being involved in active dialogues. Our Programs provide plenty of such opportunities.
Risk Management learning doesn’t stop when the program is completed. In fact, it is just the start of a life-long learning process. First the program you may attend is usually only one part of ARiMI LECP™ Professional Learning and Competency standards. Second, in a world where the only constant is change, it is essential for professionals to keep on learning in order to stay ahead of the change ‘curve’. And it is actually a requirement for our graduates to commit themselves to Continuing Professional Development (CPD) in order to keep their knowledge and skills up to date.
For example, every year our certifications holders are expected to do something to demonstrate their professional expertise. It might be to return to campus to take new workshops. Or attend Risk Management conferences. It could also be to write an article on some important risk management issues. In any case, our alumni association, the ARiMI SCALE Network will provide opportunities for ongoing exchange. The learning should never stop.
The ARiMI Certification programs have been designed with busy working professionals in mind. Thanks to the modular approach, it gives participants the flexibility to combine learning and working effectively at the same time. The program runs about 2 times (i.e. 2 intakes) per year, with each intake being spread into 2 sessions (Master Classes) over a 2-month period.
Please refer to the “Calendar & Fees” Tab to explore how you can arrange your learning pace to attend the required modules.
Expert Program Faculty & Guest Speakers
For the CPRP™ program, participants will have the advantage of learning directly from a Thought Leader in the field of risk management, Marc RONEZ. Marc is an highly credentialed practitioner, well-known speaker, skilled educator, groundbreaking researcher and entrepreneur.
We also invite recognized experts and business leaders to share their experiences during special sessions or segments of our workshops. Hence, our trainers and guest speakers will bring to the participants a wealth of knowledge and practical experience that will provide a lot of insights on how to answer practical work challenges.
For more information, click on the name of the lead faculty for this program below: