Certified Enterprise-wide Risk Manager (CERM)
Certified Enterprise-wide Risk Manager – CERM™
Over the past 20 years, ERM has evolved from an innovative concept to a global best-practice standard for the Management of Risks in Organizations. However, regular corporate collapses and continuous crises in the global financial and economic system continue to remind us that less than effective risk management is still the NORM for most organization. Therefore, EFFECTIVE risk management has become an imperative for boards and management because it can help an organization achieve SUSTAINABLE PROFITABLE PERFORMANCE by increasing the reliability of operations, building resilience, and fostering innovation & value creation. However, implementing ERM is a very challenging undertaking; many organizations struggle through the process and in the end, fail to achieve any real tangible benefits.
The purpose of CERM™ Program is to develop ERM Champions and effective Risk Professionals able to design and drive the implementation of ERM programs in the system and culture of their organizations to improve the long-term sustainability potential and nurture the conditions for profitable growth. The CERM™ program has set the industry standard for Risk Professionals in Asia.
Since established in 2003, ARiMI Alumni Network has been expanding fast with Certified Enterprise-wide Risk Managers (ARiMI-CERM™) and Certified Professional Risk Managers (ARiMI-CPRM™) who have driven the ERM implementation projects successfully, developed the Risk Management systems and people capabilities, and optimised the overall strategic and operational risks/return balance in their organisations. And over the years, they have also further advanced their careers in many industries around the region, including financial services, healthcare, oil & gas, petrochemical, banking, academia, government and consulting firms.
The aim of the program is not just for participants to acquire new knowledge, but also to develop the capabilities to apply that knowledge effectively to resolve their organization risk management challenge. Consequently, CERM™ graduates will:
- Objective 1: Understand RISK and its MANAGEMENT. Gain a comprehensive and cross-disciplinary understanding (from strategy, governance, finance, internal audit to HR) of the key risk management concepts, issues, frameworks, methodologies, tools and best practices.
- Objective 2: Build the BUSINESS CASE for ERM. Learn how to conduct a risk maturity analysis and build the business case for ERM for any organization whatever the industry, the size and the risk maturity level.
- Objective 3: Lead ERM TRANSFORMATION. Gain the knowledge and skills to design and drive successfully the implementation of ERM within any organizational systems and culture.
- Objective 4: Set & manage the ERM FUNCTION. Create and develop the risk management team into a strategic advisory function aiming to improve corporate planning, decision-making processes and systems throughout the organisation.
- Objective 5: Drive ERM PERFORMANCE. Improve corporate sustainability and foster profitable growth by optimizing the balance between risk and opportunity, and building the organizational capability for continuous learning, innovation and change.
Modular Structure for Busy Professionals
There are 2 intakes per year. To enable you to integrate the program into your work schedule, the 8 modules of CERM™ Program are organized into 3-day Risk CHAMPIONS Master Class (RCM1 to RCM3) and 5-day Risk PROFESSIONALS Master Class (RPM1 to RPM5) that scheduled over 2 consecutive months. This modular structure also facilitates in balancing work and study, giving you the opportunity to internalise and apply your new learning in your workplace.
However, if you do not live in Singapore, you have the option to attend a 1-day accelerated Risk CHAMPIONS Master Class (aRCM) on a Friday, follow by the Risk PROFESSIONALS Master Class in the following week from Monday to Friday. With this arrangement, you only have to make 1 trip to Singapore to complete the required modules in 6 days, instead of 8.
Please refer to the Calendar for the dates specially catered for overseas participants.
The program is targeted at risk management professionals, senior executives and senior management executives from all industry sectors and functions who are concerned with the challenge of making ERM a success for their organizations.
The program is also suited for any individual who has a professional interest in becoming proficient in enterprise risk management and wishes to further his/her career development into the field of risk management.
The following groups of people will find this program particularly beneficial:
- Risk Managers/Directors/CROs
- Insurance Managers, Brokers, Underwriters
- Internal Auditors and Accountants
- Change Managers & HR Managers
- Compliance Officers & Legal Professionals
- Engineers, Loss Adjusters & Surveyors
- Divisional/Operational Directors or Managers
Both you and your organization will benefit from the CERM™ Program.
What are the Benefits for YOU?
- Gain new comprehensive knowledge of enterprise risk management most recent and effective tools and methodologies
- Pick up Methodologies, Tools and Techniques that can be applied immediately at work to improve your work performance and effectiveness
- Enhance your leadership and risk decision-making skills by learning how to optimize Risks and Opportunities
- Build your network with professionals and risk professionals and learn from direct industry experience in managing risks
- Earn a professional title recognizing your new knowledge & skills and gain a competitive edge enhancing your career advancement opportunities
What are the Benefits for YOUR ORGANISATION?
- Having In-House ERM Experts really able to drive the ERM implementation project and improve your organization’s bottom-line profitability by optimizing the overall strategic and operational risks/return balance
- Increase your stakeholders confidence in your Risk Management system and people capabilities
- Reduce waste and enhance operational efficiency with improved risk-based processes and control systems supported by the development of a risk-aware culture
Prospective CERM™ applicants should:
- Hold a university degree from an accredited institution
- Possess a minimum of 5 years of professional experience with at least 3 years at managerial level
- A risk management related experience or position is preferable
Your application will only be considered when the Program Application Form is duly completed. Upon review, you will be informed by email whether your application has been accepted or not.
Program Modules and content
The CERM™ Program consists of 2 Master Classes: 3-day Risk CHAMPIONS Master Class and 5-day Risk PROFESSIONALS Master Class.
If you do not live in Singapore, you have the option to attend a 1-day accelerated Risk CHAMPIONS Master Class (aRCM) on a Friday, follow by the Risk PROFESSIONALS Master Class in the following week.
|Risk CHAMPIONS Master Class: Leading ERM Projects for Your Organization|
|RCM1||Designing ERM: Risk Management Frameworks, Systems & Culture||1 day|
|RCM2||Implementing ERM: Systems Change & Nurturing a Risk-Aware Culture||1 day|
|RCM3||Sustaining ERM: Managing Changes, Crises & Business Sustainability||1 day|
|Risk PROFESSIONALS: Managing the ERM Function in Organizations|
|RPM1||Corporate Reputation & Stakeholders Risk Management||1 day|
|RPM2||Corporate Governance & Enterprise Risk Management||1 day|
|RPM3||Corporate Ethics, Fraud & Compliance Risk Management||1 day|
|RPM4||Corporate Control, Internal Audit & Risk Management||1 day|
|RPM5||Corporate Performance & Human Capital Risk Management||1 day|
The Learning Journey towards Certification
The learning journey towards certification consists essentially of the 4 steps described below:
To obtain the Certification, participants are required to pass successfully the different assessment components required to qualify for accreditation purposes. Assessment is necessary to ensure the quality of the graduates by reviewing the candidate’s ability to meet the requirements of the professional competency standards.
- Attend the 8 required modules (RCM1 to RCM3 and RPM1 to RPM5) that consist of 8 days of workshops.
- Pass the on-site exam
- The 1-hour exam consists of 45 multiple choice questions and is administered at 5:15pm on the same day as module RPM5, after the workshop for the module has ended.
- Submit your Practical Assignment
- The Practical Assignment consists of 1 practical study where participants will have to undertake an analysis of relevant industry case using the methodologies and tools learnt during the program. The completed practical study must be submitted to the Asia Risk Management Institute by email for grading within 2 months after participants have completed all the 8 required modules. During the preparation of the practical study, participants will benefit from a coaching program to support them in delivering a high-level value creation work.
- Participation and exercises will also be evaluated during the workshops and will count for the final grade
Upon completion of the program’s requirements for the workshop modules, assignments and examination, candidates will be awarded the:
Certified Enterprise-wide Risk Manager (ARiMI-CERM™) Designation.
Continuous Professional Development: Complete the ARiMI LECP™ Learning and Competency Standards
The CERM™ program is a powerful learning experience, but it is only 1 step in your professional development journey. By earning your ARiMI-CERM™, you will have joined an elite community of risk professionals committed to promote the highest standards of excellence in the risk management field. You will do so by committing to follow ARiMI Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct and also by committing yourself to your own Continuing Professional Development in order to stay relevant in the market place.
Refer to ARiMI LECP™ Learning and Competency Standards to identify your knowledge gaps. In fact, after completing the CERM™, we recommend that you can further pursue the Certified Professional Risk Manager (ARiMI-CPRM™) Designation.
The CPRM™ Program is designed to develop RISK LEADERS and RISK EXPERTS who are able to analyse the most complex risk issues and design effective solutions by mastering the risk management decision-making process. Hence, CPRM™ is beneficial for any leader and manager, whatever the function and industry you are in.
To continue your career development and aspiration as a RISK MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL, please check with us simply by using the Contact Us form.
Program Calendar Overview for 2019
We have 2 CERM™ intakes scheduled per calendar year that take place in Singapore.
Each intake consists of 8 program modules organised into 2 sessions spread over 2 consecutive months.
This modular program structure provides a flexible LEARNING PACE enabling busy professionals to balance work and study effectively.
If you do not live in Singapore, you have the option to attend a 1-day accelerated Risk CHAMPIONS Master Class (aRCM) on a Friday, follow by the Risk PROFESSIONALS Master Class in the following week from Monday to Friday. With this arrangement, you only have to make 1 trip to Singapore to complete the required modules in 6 days, instead of 8.
*Accelerated Risk CHAMPIONS Master Class. This option is only open to participants who do not live in Singapore.
Please note that courses and dates are subject to change.
Course & Exam Fees
The table below provides the relevant detailed information about the program and exam fees.
|Published Course Fee||SGD 5,885 nett|
|Early Bird Course Fee||SGD 4,250 nett|
Note: The above-mentioned activities and items are subject to change. CERM™ participants are fully responsible for all travel arrangements, accommodation and associated costs.
Grants & Discounts Available
We offer discounts/grants for the program. Check below to see what are the type of discounts available, for which you may be eligible to apply.
- Group Discount:
- 15% off published course fees for companies registering 2 or more of their staff for the same intake of the CERM™ Program
- Early Bird Discounts:
- Early bird discount at different phases are only available for a limited period prior to the commencement of a course intake and is applicable to published course fees. If you would like to receive early bird discount news for the next intake, please Contact us.
- Emerging Economies Discount:
- is available to applicants from emerging economies. Contact us to find out if you qualify.
- Group Discount:
- Alumni Discount:
- 20% discount on published course fee applicable for Alumni of NUS, NTU, SMU, SIM and SUTD who are NOT sponsored by their company/organisation.
- Special Discount:
- of up to 30% on published course fee applicable on a case by case may be granted to people who are NOT sponsored by an organisation. Contact us for more information.
- ARiMI Grant:
- available for application on a case by case. Contact us to find out whether you qualify.
- Emerging Economies Discount:
- is available to applicants from emerging economies and applicable to published course fee. Contact us to find out if you qualify.
- Early Bird Discounts:
- Bank Loans:
- Professional education is an investment for your future. If you’re based in Singapore and need a 12-month loan to make that investment, there are solutions available, such as POSB Personal Loan*. We will absorb the processing fee that is chargeable by POSB – up to S$150, whichever is lower. Terms & conditions apply. Please contact us before you register for a program.
- If Registrant is self-sponsored, the payment of fees cannot be made by any company account
- Registrants are entitled to only one category of discount. All discount offers cannot be combined with any other offers.
- Discounts are not applicable to examination fees.
- *ARiMI is not affiliated with any banks or financial institutes. All loan applications are subject to underwriting guidelines and approval of the bank or financial institute. This does not constitute an offer to lend. ARiMI shall accept no responsibility or liability for damage or loss or any unsettled loan amount incurred by any participant.
Participants are coming from a wide range of industry bringing a wealth of perspectives on critical Risk Management issues and illustrating the critical importance of effective Risk Management for every industry sectors and job funtions. Take this opportunity to build your network with a peers group of risk professionals from a wide range of industries and learn from direct industry experience in setting the ERM function and managing ERM activities in organizations.
Group Profile Snapshot
- Strong academic background
- International exposure & mindset
- Rich business experience (min 6+ years with significant time in management)
- Recognised professional achievements
- Age range: 30’s and early 40’s (range from 27 to 68 years old)
- Strong leadership potential and maturity
Testimonials from Past Participants
Majority of the participants of the ARiMI-CERM™ programs are sponsored by their organisations and you can find these graduates in many industry sectors and organizations around Asia:
Partnering with ARiMI
Should you wish to work more closely with us to ensure that both your employees and your organization can reap the maximum benefits from the program, simply contact us for more information.
Learning Methods, Format & Environment
How you learn is as important as What you learn
We know that square pegs don’t fit into round holes! That people with different background and experiences react and learn differently. Hence, to support effective learning, our Programs are structured around the following Learning Principles:
Many professionals returning to “school” have mental images of one-way lectures and learning as a “memorisation” exercise. Our programs are (a lot) different, they follow a practical workshop format. Our Faculty offer their deep expertise, but this is done with active participation and debates with the class participants.
In fact, at ARiMI we don’t use the word “student” – we use “participant” as the people joining the program are established professionals with already a lot of work experience. One key objective of our faculty is to tap on such experience and to encourage active debate and exchange of ideas, opinions and best practices in order to foster collective learning while maintaining at all time a respectful and constructive learning environment. This experiential learning format and the use of real-life business case studies ensures participants can build on their professional experience to quickly apply the new knowledge and skills acquired in their workplace to resolve their own professional challenges.
Management Education is all about bridging the GAP between theory and practice. This is particularly true in our programs where our learning methods emphasize on practical problem-solving learning, yet grounded in solid theory.
During the workshop, learning is stimulated through case studies, role plays and debates, where we aim to reconcile the unique features of a case or organization’s particular issue with the more generalizable concepts uncovered in theoretical researches.The end result is practical learning immediately applicable at work.
As we want to ensure that participants DO build the necessary practical knowledge and skills, all course modules are conducted using a unique workshop format that fosters interaction, knowledge sharing and experiential learning.
It involves a balanced mix of fundamental lectures with effective supporting materials; interactive case presentations & debates; group discussions and sharing of experience; problem-solving exercises including computer aided workshops; action learning with case simulations with ‘role plays’.
With Learning, the results you get are proportionate to the efforts you put in. Hence, we strongly encourage our participants to take “ownership” their learning. This means that they are encored to clarify their learning objectives, they come prepared for workshops and participate to contribute actively to their own learning and the learning of others.
A significant amount of learning occurs by listening to other participants and being involved in active dialogues. Our Programs provide plenty of such opportunities.
Risk Management learning doesn’t stop when the program is completed. In fact, it is just the start of a life-long learning process. First the program you may attend is usually only one part of ARiMI LECP™ Professional Learning and Competency standards. Second, in a world where the only constant is change, it is essential for professionals to keep on learning in order to stay ahead of the change ‘curve’. And it is actually a requirement for our graduates to commit themselves to Continuing Professional Development (CPD) in order to keep their knowledge and skills up to date.
For example, every year our certifications holders are expected to do something to demonstrate their professional expertise. It might be to return to campus to take new workshops. Or attend Risk Management conferences. It could also be to write an article on some important risk management issues. In any case, our alumni association, the ARiMI SCALE Network will provide opportunities for ongoing exchange. The learning should never stop.
The ARiMI Certification programs have been designed with busy working professionals in mind. Thanks to the modular approach, it gives participants the flexibility to combine learning and working effectively at the same time. The program runs about 2 times (i.e. 2 intakes) per year, with each intake being spread into 2 sessions (Master Classes) over a 2-month period.
Please refer to the “Calendar & Fees” Tab to explore how you can arrange your learning pace to attend the required modules.
Expert Program Faculty & Guest Speakers
For the CERM™ program, participants will have the advantage of learning directly from a Thought Leader in the field of risk management, Marc RONEZ. Marc is an highly credentialed practitioner, well-known speaker, skilled educator, groundbreaking researcher and entrepreneur.
We also invite recognized experts and business leaders to share their experiences during special sessions or segments of our workshops. Hence, our trainers and guest speakers will bring to the participants a wealth of knowledge and practical experience that will provide a lot of insights on how to answer practical work challenges.
For more information, click on the name of the lead faculty for this program below: