Certified Professional Risk Manager (CPRM)
Certified Professional Risk Manager – CPRM™
Today’s global and volatile economy challenges organizations with exponentially increasing level of complexity and uncertainty. Greed, fraud, competition, increasing pace of technological and business changes, escalating compliance requirements, terrorism, reliance on IT, complexity of the supply chain, corporate social responsibility, fragility of reputation and so on have highlighted the vulnerability of organizations to these risk issues. Hence, being able to effectively identify and manage risks & opportunities to make the best possible decisions and improve your performance is quickly becoming a critical management skill as well as a key source of sustainable competitive advantage for organizations.
Overall responsibility for risk management resides with senior leadership. However, operational management involves intrinsically taking risk and hence, this requires managers, head of departments and staff to also manage risk effectively. In this regard, risk management is EVERYONE’s responsibility.
YOU must manage risk, even if it’s not in your job title.
This is the essential purpose of CPRM™ Program – to develop effective executives and managers to be able to combine a detailed understanding of risk issues, risk management concepts, practices and tools with leadership, managerial and organizational skills. This program will develop you to be Strategic Risk Leaders and Expert Decision-Makers.
Since established in 2003, ARiMI Alumni Network has been expanding fast with Certified Enterprise-wide Risk Managers (ARiMI-CERM™) and Certified Professional Risk Managers (ARiMI-CPRM™) who have driven the ERM implementation projects successfully, developed the Risk Management systems and people capabilities, and optimised the overall strategic and operational risks/return balance in their organisations. And over the years, they have also further advanced their careers in many industries around the region, including financial services, healthcare, oil & gas, petrochemical, banking, academia, government and consulting firms.
The aim of the program is not just for participants to acquire new knowledge and get a certification, but also to develop the capabilities to apply that knowledge effectively to resolve their organization risk management challenges. Consequently, CPRM™ graduates will:
- Objective 1: Understand RISK. Build an in-depth and dynamic understanding of the factors that influence the emergence of risks and opportunities in organizations in today’s global economic, regulatory and cultural context
- Objective 2: Conduct RISK DIAGNOSTIC: Acquire a practical, comprehensive and cross-disciplinary knowledge (from strategy, finance to psychology) of Risks/Opportunities identification, mapping methodologies and tools, as well as the analytical ability to interpret data for effective strategic and operational decision-making
- Objective 3: Master RISK COMMUNICATION. Develop the skills to communicate risk information to various groups of stakeholders, while considering the cultural and psychological factors that influence how people make decisions
- Objective 4: Build RISK TREATMENTS. Develop and implement the effective risk management controls, financing and optimization solutions to increase the reliability of operations, build resilience, and foster innovation/value creation in your organization
- Objective 5: Achieve RETURN on RISK. Improve decision-making & performance by allocating and using effectively scarce resources to manage prioritized risk/opportunities issues to create the conditions for sustainable and profitable growth
Modular Structure for Busy Professionals
There are 2 intakes per year. To enable you to integrate the program into your work schedule, the 8 modules of CPRM™ Program are organized into 3-day Risk LEADERS Master Class (RLM1 to RLM3) and 5-day Risk EXPERTS Master Class (REM1 to REM5) that scheduled over 2 consecutive months. This modular structure also facilitates in balancing work and study, giving you the opportunity to internalise and apply your new learning in your workplace.
However, if you do not live in Singapore, you have the option to attend a 1-day accelerated Risk LEADERS Master Class (aRLM) on a Friday, follow by the Risk EXPERTS Master Class in the following week from Monday to Friday. With this arrangement, you only have to make 1 trip to Singapore to complete the required modules in 6 days, instead of 8.
Please refer to the Calendar for the dates specially catered for overseas participants.
The program is designed to answer the development needs of a wide range of professionals from executives to senior managers from all industry sectors and functions who are concerned with the challenge of making important decisions in an uncertain environment and who need to understand how risk will influence their ability to deliver positive results and be successful in their organizations.
The following groups of people will find this program particularly beneficial:
- Risk Managers & Executives
- Insurance Managers & Brokers
- Internal Auditors and Accountants
- Project, Change Managers & HR Professionals
- Safety, Health & Environment Professionals
- Public Sector Officers & Charity Professionals
- Compliance Officers & Legal Professionals
- Engineers, Loss Adjusters & Surveyors
- Divisional/Operational Managers & executives
- Business Management Consultants
- Anyone taking up a new role in Risk Management or wishing to enter the profession
Both you and your organization will benefit from the CPRM™ Program.
What are the Benefits for YOU?
- Gain new comprehensive knowledge of risk management most recent and effective tools and methodologies
- Pick up Methodologies, Tools and Techniques that can be applied immediately at work to improve your work performance and effectiveness
- Enhance your leadership and risk decision-making skills by learning how to optimize Risks and Opportunities
- Build your network with professionals and risk professionals and learn from direct industry experience in managing risks
- Earn a professional title recognizing your new knowledge & skills and gain a competitive edge enhancing your career advancement opportunities
- Leverage your new knowledge & skills to gain a competitive edge over your peers and enhance your career advancement opportunities
What are the Benefits for YOUR ORGANISATION?
- Having In-House Risk Experts really able to improve your organization’s performance by optimizing the overall strategic and operational risks/return balance
- Increase your stakeholders confidence in your Risk Management system and people capabilities
- Improve Strategy, reduce waste and enhance operational efficiency with better decisions, improved risk-based processes and control systems supported by the development of a risk-aware culture
Program Modules and Content
The CPRM™ Program consists of 2 Master Classes: 3-day Risk LEADERS Master Class and 5-day Risk EXPERTS Master Class.
If you do not live in Singapore, you have the option to attend a 1-day accelerated Risk LEADERS Master Class (RLM) on a Friday, follow by the Risk EXPERTS Master Class in the following week.
|Risk LEADERS Master Class: The Essentials of Risk & Value Management|
|RLM1||Risk-Taking & Value Creation Management in Organizations – Principles, Theory & Practices|
|RLM2||Business Ethics, Social Responsibility & Corporate Value Sustainability|
|RLM3||Innovation, Change & Project Risk Management|
|Risk EXPERTS Master Class: Mastering the Process for Managing Risk & Value|
|REM1||Risk Assessment & Corporate/Project Value Profile Diagnostic|
|REM2||Risk Learning, Communication & Decision Making|
|REM3||Risk Control & Business Continuity Management|
|REM4||Risk Financing & Transfer Solutions|
|REM5||KRIs/KPIs Dashboard: Risk Monitoring, Reporting & Improvement|
The Learning Journey towards Certification
The learning journey towards certification consists essentially of the 4 steps described below:
To obtain the Certification, participants are required to pass successfully the different assessment components required to qualify for accreditation purposes. Assessment is necessary to ensure the quality of the graduates by reviewing the candidate’s ability to meet the requirements of the professional competency standards.
- Attend the 8 required modules (RLM1 to RLM3 and REM1 to REM5) or 6 required modules (aRLM and REM1 to REM5)
- Pass the on-site exam
- The sit-in exam consists of 45 mutliple choice questions and is administered on site at the end of the eighth module. The time allotted is 1 hour.
- Submit your Practical Assignment
- The Practical Assignment consist of a case study that participants will have to solve to demonstrate a real understanding of the methodologies and tools learned during the program. Working individually, the completed assignment must be submitted to the Asia Risk Management Institute for grading within 8 weeks after the last module (i.e. REM5)
- Participation and exercises will also be evaluated during the workshops and will count for the final grade
Upon completion of the program’s requirements for the workshop modules, assignments and examination, candidates will be awarded the:
Certified Professional Risk Manager (ARiMI-CPRM™) Designation.
Continuous Professional Development: Complete the ARiMI LECP™ Learning and Competency Standards
The CPRM™ program is a powerful learning experience, but it is only 1 step in your professional development journey. By earning your ARiMI-CPRM™, you will have joined an elite community of risk professionals committed to promote the highest standards of excellence in the risk management field. You will do so by committing to follow ARiMI Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct and also by committing yourself to your own Continuing Professional Development in order to stay relevant in the market place.
Refer to ARiMI LECP™ Learning and Competency Standards to identify your knowledge gaps. In fact, after completing the CPRM™, we recommend that you further pursue the Certified Enterprise-wide Risk Manager (ARiMI-CERM™) Designation.
The CERM™ Program is designed to develop RISK CHAMPIONS and RISK PROFESSIONALS who are not only able to design and implement ERM framework, but also able to set and manage the ERM functions effectively. Hence, CERM™ is essential for any professional who wants to pursue a career in Risk Management.
To continue your career development and aspiration as a RISK MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL, please check with us simply by using the Contact Us form.
Program Calendar Overview for 2019
We have 2 CPRM™ intakes scheduled per calendar year that take place in Singapore. Each intake consists of 8 program modules organised into 2 sessions spread over 2 consecutive months. This modular program structure provides a flexible LEARNING PACE enabling busy professionals to balance Work and Study effectively. Looking at the calendar, you will be able to plan ahead of time and find an intake that suits your work schedule.
*Accelerate Risk LEADERS Master Class. This option is only open to participants who do not live in Singapore.
Please note that courses and dates are subject to change.
Course & Exam Fees
The table below provides the relevant detailed information about the program and exam fees.
|8-Day Published Course Fee||SGD 5,885 nett|
|6-Day (with aRLM) Published Course Fee||SGD 5,385 nett|
The above-mentioned activities and items are subject to change.
If you do not live in Singapore, ARiMI has special fees and discounts available for you.
We also have a list of accommodations which we can recommended to you. However, you will be fully responsible for all travel arrangements, accommodation and associated costs. Please contact us for more information.
Grants & Discounts Available
We have discounts/grants for the program. Check below to see what are the type of discounts available, for which you may be eligible to apply. Please also note that discounts are not applicable to examination fees.
- Early Bird:
- Early bird course fee at S$4,250 for 8-Day program and S$3,995 for 6-Day program (with aRLM) are applicable for registrations submitted at least 2 months before course commencement. Contact us for more information.
- Group Discount:
- 30% off published course fee for companies registering 2 or more of their staff for the same intake of the CPRM™ Program
- Non-Resident Special Fee & Discount:
- is available to registrants who do not live in Singapore. Contact us for course fee and discount details.
- Tax Deductions /Cash Payout:
- Companies can claim 400% tax deductions or 40% cash payout of total training expenditure under the Productivity and Innovation Credit (PIC) Scheme. Terms and Conditions apply. For more information, please check out IRAS website:https://www.iras.gov.sg/irashome/Schemes/Businesses/Productivity-and-Innovation-Credit-Scheme/.
- Early Bird:
- Early bird course fee at S$4,250 for 8-Day program and S$3,995 for 6-Day program (with aRLM) are applicable for registrations submitted at least 2 months before course commencement. If you would like to receive notification for the next intake, please Contact us.
- Group Discount:
- 30% off published course fee if you and a friend register together for the same intake of the CPRM™ Program.
- Alumni Discount:
- 30% discount on published course fee applicable for Alumni of NUS, NTU, SMU, SIM and SUTD who are NOT sponsored by their company/organisation.
- Special Discount:
- of up to 30% on published course fee applicable on a case-by-case basis may be granted to people who are NOT sponsored by an organisation. Contact us for more information.
- ARiMI Grant:
- Self-sponsored registrants who are Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents aged 40 years and above are eligible to apply for up to 50% funding of published course fee for CPRM™ in 2019. Contact us for more information.
- Non-Resident Special Fee & Discount:
- is available to registrants who do not live in Singapore. Contact us for course fee and discount details.
- If Registrant is self-sponsored, payment of fees cannot be made by any company account
- Registrants are entitled to only one category of discount. All discount offers cannot be combined with any other offers.
- Discounts are not applicable to examination fees.
- *ARiMI is not affiliated with any banks or financial institutes. All loan applications are subject to underwriting guidelines and approval of the bank or financial institute. This does not constitute an offer to lend. ARiMI shall accept no responsibility or liability for damage or loss or any unsettled loan amount incurred by any participant.
Participants are coming from a wide range of industry bringing a wealth of perspectives on critical Risk Management issues and illustrating the critical importance of effective Risk Management for every industry sectors and job funtions. Take this opportunity to build your network with a peers group of risk professionals from a wide range of industries and learn from direct industry experience in managing Risks.
Group Profile Snapshot
- Strong academic background
- International exposure & mindset
- Rich business experience (min 6+ years with significant time in management)
- Recognised professional achievements
- Age range: 30’s and early 40’s (range from 27 to 68 years old)
- Strong leadership potential and maturity
Testimonials from Past Participants
Majority of the participants of the ARiMI-CPRM™ programs are sponsored by their organisations and you can find these graduates in many industry sectors and organizations around Asia:
Partnering with ARiMI
Should you wish to work more closely with us to ensure that both your employees and your organization can reap the maximum benefits from the program, simply contact us for more information.
Learning Methods, Format & Environment
How you learn is as important as What you learn
We know that square pegs don’t fit into round holes! That people with different background and experiences react and learn differently. Hence, to support effective learning, our Programs are structured around the following Learning Principles:
Many professionals returning to “school” have mental images of one-way lectures and learning as a “memorisation” exercise. Our programs are (a lot) different, they follow a practical workshop format. Our Faculty offer their deep expertise, but this is done with active participation and debates with the class participants.
In fact, at ARiMI we don’t use the word “student” – we use “participant” as the people joining the program are established professionals with already a lot of work experience. One key objective of our faculty is to tap on such experience and to encourage active debate and exchange of ideas, opinions and best practices in order to foster collective learning while maintaining at all time a respectful and constructive learning environment. This experiential learning format and the use of real-life business case studies ensures participants can build on their professional experience to quickly apply the new knowledge and skills acquired in their workplace to resolve their own professional challenges.
Management Education is all about bridging the GAP between theory and practice. This is particularly true in our programs where our learning methods emphasize on practical problem-solving learning, yet grounded in solid theory.
During the workshop, learning is stimulated through case studies, role plays and debates, where we aim to reconcile the unique features of a case or organization’s particular issue with the more generalizable concepts uncovered in theoretical researches.The end result is practical learning immediately applicable at work.
As we want to ensure that participants DO build the necessary practical knowledge and skills, all course modules are conducted using a unique workshop format that fosters interaction, knowledge sharing and experiential learning.
It involves a balanced mix of fundamental lectures with effective supporting materials; interactive case presentations & debates; group discussions and sharing of experience; problem-solving exercises including computer aided workshops; action learning with case simulations with ‘role plays’.
With Learning, the results you get are proportionate to the efforts you put in. Hence, we strongly encourage our participants to take “ownership” their learning. This means that they are encored to clarify their learning objectives, they come prepared for workshops and participate to contribute actively to their own learning and the learning of others.
A significant amount of learning occurs by listening to other participants and being involved in active dialogues. Our Programs provide plenty of such opportunities.
Risk Management learning doesn’t stop when the program is completed. In fact, it is just the start of a life-long learning process. First the program you may attend is usually only one part of ARiMI LECP™ Professional Learning and Competency standards. Second, in a world where the only constant is change, it is essential for professionals to keep on learning in order to stay ahead of the change ‘curve’. And it is actually a requirement for our graduates to commit themselves to Continuing Professional Development (CPD) in order to keep their knowledge and skills up to date.
For example, every year our certifications holders are expected to do something to demonstrate their professional expertise. It might be to return to campus to take new workshops. Or attend Risk Management conferences. It could also be to write an article on some important risk management issues. In any case, our alumni association, the ARiMI SCALE Network will provide opportunities for ongoing exchange. The learning should never stop.
The ARiMI Certification programs have been designed with busy working professionals in mind. Thanks to the modular approach, it gives participants the flexibility to combine learning and working effectively at the same time. The program runs about 2 times (i.e. 2 intakes) per year, with each intake being spread into 2 sessions (Master Classes) over a 2-month period.
Please refer to the “Calendar & Fees” Tab to explore how you can arrange your learning pace to attend the required modules.
Expert Program Faculty & Guest Speakers
For the CPRM™ program, participants will have the advantage of learning directly from a Thought Leader in the field of risk management, Marc RONEZ. Marc is an highly credentialed practitioner, well-known speaker, skilled educator, groundbreaking researcher and entrepreneur.
We also invite recognized experts and business leaders to share their experiences during special sessions or segments of our workshops. Hence, our trainers and guest speakers will bring to the participants a wealth of knowledge and practical experience that will provide a lot of insights on how to answer practical work challenges.
For more information, click on the name of the faculty for this program below: