Certified Professional Risk Manager
Certified Professional Risk Manager – CPRM™
Today’s global and volatile economy challenges organizations with exponentially increasing level of complexity and uncertainty. Greed, fraud, competition, increasing pace of technological and business changes, escalating compliance requirements, terrorism, reliance on IT, complexity of the supply chain, corporate social responsibility, fragility of reputation and so on have highlighted the vulnerability of organizations to these risk issues. Hence, being able to effectively identify and manage risks & opportunities to make the best possible decisions and improve your performance is quickly becoming a critical management skill as well as a key source of sustainable competitive advantage for organizations.
This is the essential purpose of CPRM™ Program – to develop effective executives and managers to be able to combine a detailed understanding of risk issues, risk management concepts, practices and tools with sophisticated leadership, managerial and organizational skills. In short,develop Strategic Risk Leaders & Expert Decision-Makers
The aim of the program is not just for participants to acquire new knowledge and get a certification, but also to develop the capabilities to apply that knowledge effectively to resolve their organization risk management challenges. Consequently, CPRM™ graduates will:
- Objective 1: Understand RISK. Build an in-depth and dynamic understanding of the factors that influence the emergence of risks and opportunities in organizations in today’s global economic, regulatory and cultural context
- Objective 2: Conduct RISK DIAGNOSTIC: Acquire a practical, comprehensive and cross-disciplinary knowledge (from strategy, finance to psychology) of Risks/Opportunities identification, mapping methodologies and tools, as well as the analytical ability to interpret data for effective strategic and operational decision-making
- Objective 3: Master RISK COMMUNICATION. Develop the skills to communicate risk information to various groups of stakeholders, while considering the cultural and psychological factors that influence how people make decisions
- Objective 4: Build RISK TREATMENTS. Develop and implement the effective risk management controls, financing and optimization solutions to increase the reliability of operations, build resilience, and foster innovation/value creation in your organization
- Objective 5: Achieve RETURN on RISK. Improve decision-making & performance by allocating and using effectively scarce resources to manage prioritized risk/opportunities issues to create the conditions for sustainable and profitable growth
Modular Structure for Busy Professionals
To allow participants to integrate our program into their work schedule, the 8 modules of CPRM™ Program are organized into one 3-day Risk LEADERS Master Class (RLM1 to RLM3) and one 5-day Risk EXPERTS Master Class (REM1 to REM5) sessions spread over 2 consecutive months (approximately separated by 4 to 5 weeks). This modular structure of the program allows participants coming from all over Asia to balance work and study at the same time effectively while giving them the opportunity to internalise and apply their new learning in their workplace. The physical time on campus represents a total of 8 days.
Please check out how the 8 days of the program are scheduled by referring to the “Calendar & Fees” tab so that your can plan your learning and work schedule ahead of time.
The program is targeted at senior executives to senior managers from all industry sectors and functions who are concerned with the challenge of making important decisions in an uncertain environment and who need to understand how risk will influence their ability to deliver positive results and be successful in their organizations.
The following groups of people will find this program particularly beneficial:
- CRO/Risk Managers
- Insurance Managers & Brokers
- Internal Auditors and Accountants
- Project, Change Managers & HR Managers
- Safety, Health & Environment Professionals
- Public Sector Officers & Charity Professionals
- Compliance Officers & Legal Professionals
- Engineers, Loss Adjusters & Surveyors
- Divisional/Operational Directors or Managers
- Anyone taking up a new role in Risk Management or wishing to enter the profession
Both you and your organization will benefit from the CPRM™ Program.
What are the Benefits for YOU?
- Gain new comprehensive knowledge of risk management most recent and effective tools and methodologies
- Pick up Methodologies, Tools and Techniques that can be applied immediately at work to improve your work performance and effectiveness
- Enhance your leadership and risk decision-making skills by learning how to optimize Risks and Opportunities
- Build your network with professionals and risk professionals and learn from direct industry experience in managing risks
- Earn a professional title recognizing your new knowledge & skills and gain a competitive edge enhancing your career advancement opportunities
- Leverage your new knowledge & skills to gain a competitive edge over your peers and enhance your career advancement opportunities
What are the Benefits for YOUR ORGANISATION?
- Having In-House Risk Experts really able to improve your organization’s performance by optimizing the overall strategic and operational risks/return balance
- Increase your stakeholders confidence in your Risk Management system and people capabilities
- Improve Strategy, reduce waste and enhance operational efficiency with better decisions, improved risk-based processes and control systems supported by the development of a risk-aware culture
Prospective CPRM™ applicants should:
- Hold a university degree from an accredited institution
- Possess a minimum of 5 years of professional experience
- Some managerial or supervisory experience is preferred, although not mandatory
Your application will only be considered when the Program Application Form is duly completed. Upon review, you will be informed by email whether your application has been accepted or not.
Program Modules and Content
The CPRM™ Program consists of 2 Master Classes i.e. the Risk LEADERS (3 days) and the Risk EXPERTS (5 days) Master Classes (for a total of 8 workshop modules) and it provides a comprehensive and structured learning path of the risk management field, both in scope and depth, covering:
|Risk LEADERS Master Class: The Essentials of Risk & Value Management|
|RLM1||Risk-Taking & Value Creation Management in Organizations – Principles, Theory & Practices|
|RLM2||Business Ethics, Social Responsibility & Corporate Value Sustainability|
|RLM3||Innovation, Change & Project Risk Management|
|Risk EXPERTS Master Class: Mastering the Process for Managing Risk & Value|
|REM1||Risk Assessment & Corporate/Project Value Profile Diagnostic|
|REM2||Risk Learning, Communication & Decision Making|
|REM3||Risk Control & Business Continuity Management|
|REM4||Risk Financing & Transfer Solutions|
|REM5||KRIs/KPIs Dashboard: Risk Monitoring, Reporting & Improvement|
The Learning Journey towards Certification
The learning journey towards certification consists essentially of the 4 steps described below:
To obtain the Certification, participants are required to pass successfully the different assessment components required to qualify for accreditation purposes. Assessment is necessary to ensure the quality of the graduates by reviewing the candidate’s ability to meet the requirements of the professional competency standards.
- Attend the 8 required modules (RLM1 to RLM3 and REM1 to REM5) that consist of 8 days of workshops.
- Pass the on-site exam
- The sit-in exam consists of 45 mutliple choice questions and is administered on site at the end of the eighth module. The time allotted is 1 hour.
- Submit your Practical Assignment
- The Practical Assignment consist of a case study that participants will have to solve to demonstrate a real understanding of the methodologies and tools learned during the program. Working individually, the completed assignment must be submitted to the Asia Risk Management Institute by email for grading within 8 weeks after the last module (i.e. REM5)
- Participation and exercises will also be evaluated during the workshops and will count for the final grade
Upon completion of the program’s requirements for the workshop modules, assignments and examination, candidates will be awarded the:
Certified Professional Risk Manager (ARiMI-CPRM™) Designation.
Continuous Professional Development: Complete the ARiMI LECP™ Learning and Competency Standards
The CPRM™ program is a powerful learning experience, but it is only 1 step in your professional development journey. By earning your ARiMI-CPRM™, you will have joined an elite community of risk professionals committed to promote the highest standards of excellence in the risk management field. You will do so by committing to follow ARiMI Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct and also by committing yourself to your own Continuing Professional Development in order to stay relevant in the market place.
Refer to ARiMI LECP™ Learning and Competency Standards to identify your knowledge gaps. In fact, after completing the CPRM™, we recommend that you further pursue the Certified Enterprise-wide Risk Manager (ARiMI-CERM™) Designation.
The CERM™ Program is designed to develop RISK CHAMPIONS and RISK PROFESSIONALS who are not only able to design and implement ERM framework, but also able to set and manage the ERM functions effectively. Hence, CERM™ is essential for any professional who wants to pursue a career in Risk Management.
To continue your career development and aspiration as a RISK MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL, please check with us simply by using the Contact Us form.
Program Calendar Overview for 2018 & 2019
We have 2 CPRM™ intakes scheduled per calendar year that take place in Singapore. Each intake consists of 8 program modules organised into 2 sessions spread over 2 consecutive months. This modular program structure provides a flexible LEARNING PACE enabling busy professionals to balance Work and Study effectively. Looking at the calendar, you will be able to plan ahead of time and find an intake that suits your work schedule.
Please note that courses and dates are subject to change.
Course & Exam Fees
The table below provides the relevant detailed information about the program and exam fees.
|Published Course Fee||SGD 5,885 nett|
|Early Bird Course Fee, If Register at least 2 Months before Course Starts||SGD 4,250 nett|
Note: The above-mentioned activities and items are subject to change. CPRM™ participants are fully responsible for all travel arrangements, accommodation and associated costs.
Grants & Discounts Available
We have discounts/grants for the program. Check below to see what are the type of discounts available, for which you may be eligible to apply. Please also note that discounts are not applicable to examination fees.
- Group Discount:
- 15% off published course fee for companies registering 2 or more of their staff for the same intake of the CPRM™ Program
- Early Bird Discount:
- Early bird discount is only available when applicable. If you would like to receive early bird discount news for the next intake, please contact us.
- Tax Deductions /Cash Payout:
- Companies can claim 400% tax deductions or 40% cash payout of total training expenditure under the Productivity and Innovation Credit (PIC) Scheme. Terms and Conditions apply. For more information, please check out IRAS website:https://www.iras.gov.sg/irashome/Schemes/Businesses/Productivity-and-Innovation-Credit-Scheme/.
- SkillsFuture Credit:
- All Singaporeans aged 25 years old and above will be able to offset CPRM™ program course fees by applying for claim(s) through their SkillsFuture Credit account and submit a claim via www.skillsfuture.sg/credit once they receive their account activation letter.
- Alumni Discount:
- 20% discount on published course fee applicable for Alumni of NUS, NTU, SMU, SIM and SUTD who are NOT sponsored by their company/organisation.
- Special Discount:
- of up to 30% on published course fee applicable on a case-by-case basis may be granted to people who are NOT sponsored by an organisation. Contact us for more information.
- Emerging Economies Discount:
- is available to applicants from emerging economies. Contact us to find out if you qualify.
- Early Bird Discount:
- is available when you register early. If you would like to receive early bird discount news for the next intake, please Contact us.
- Bank Loans:
- Professional education is an investment for your future. If you’re based in Singapore and need a 12-month loan to make that investment, there are solutions available, such as POSB Personal Loan*. We will absorb the 3% processing fee that is chargeable by POSB – up to S$188.40, whichever is lower. Terms & conditions apply. Please contact us before you register for a program.
- If Registrant is self-sponsored, payment of fees cannot be made by any company account
- Registrants are entitled to only one category of discount. All discount offers cannot be combined with any other offers.
- Discounts are not applicable to examination fees.
- *ARiMI is not affiliated with any banks or financial institutes. All loan applications are subject to underwriting guidelines and approval of the bank or financial institute. This does not constitute an offer to lend. ARiMI shall accept no responsibility or liability for damage or loss or any unsettled loan amount incurred by any participant.
Participants are coming from a wide range of industry bringing a wealth of perspectives on critical Risk Management issues and illustrating the critical importance of effective Risk Management for every industry sectors and job funtions. Take this opportunity to build your network with a peers group of risk professionals from a wide range of industries and learn from direct industry experience in managing Risks.
Group Profile Snapshot
- Strong academic background
- International exposure & mindset
- Rich business experience (min 6+ years with significant time in management)
- Recognised professional achievements
- Age range: 30’s and early 40’s (range from 27 to 68 years old)
- Strong leadership potential and maturity
Testimonials from Past Participants
Watch the video below to hear from Luke Vardanega, CPRM how ARiMI Courses & Certifications have helped him in his career.
Majority of the participants of the ARiMI-CPRM™ programs are sponsored by their organisations and you can find these graduates in many industry sectors and organizations around Asia:
Corporate support is an important factor to the success of the participants attending the ARiMI-CPRM™ program. As such, formal corporate endorsement is welcome for the application submitted by candidates and will allow the organization to generate more value from the CPRM™ program.
Partnering with ARiMI
Should you wish to work more closely with us to ensure that both your employees and your organization can reap the maximum benefits from the program, simply contact us for more information.
Learning Methods, Format & Environment
How you learn is as important as What you learn
We know that square pegs don’t fit into round holes! That people with different background and experiences react and learn differently. Hence, to support effective learning, our Programs are structured around the following Learning Principles:
Many professionals returning to “school” have mental images of one-way lectures and learning as a “memorisation” exercise. Our programs are (a lot) different, they follow a practical workshop format. Our Faculty offer their deep expertise, but this is done with active participation and debates with the class participants.
In fact, at ARiMI we don’t use the word “student” – we use “participant” as the people joining the program are established professionals with already a lot of work experience. One key objective of our faculty is to tap on such experience and to encourage active debate and exchange of ideas, opinions and best practices in order to foster collective learning while maintaining at all time a respectful and constructive learning environment. This experiential learning format and the use of real-life business case studies ensures participants can build on their professional experience to quickly apply the new knowledge and skills acquired in their workplace to resolve their own professional challenges.
Management Education is all about bridging the GAP between theory and practice. This is particularly true in our programs where our learning methods emphasize on practical problem-solving learning, yet grounded in solid theory.
During the workshop, learning is stimulated through case studies, role plays and debates, where we aim to reconcile the unique features of a case or organization’s particular issue with the more generalizable concepts uncovered in theoretical researches.The end result is practical learning immediately applicable at work.
As we want to ensure that participants DO build the necessary practical knowledge and skills, all course modules are conducted using a unique workshop format that fosters interaction, knowledge sharing and experiential learning.
It involves a balanced mix of fundamental lectures with effective supporting materials; interactive case presentations & debates; group discussions and sharing of experience; problem-solving exercises including computer aided workshops; action learning with case simulations with ‘role plays’.
With Learning, the results you get are proportionate to the efforts you put in. Hence, we strongly encourage our participants to take “ownership” their learning. This means that they are encored to clarify their learning objectives, they come prepared for workshops and participate to contribute actively to their own learning and the learning of others.
A significant amount of learning occurs by listening to other participants and being involved in active dialogues. Our Programs provide plenty of such opportunities.
Risk Management learning doesn’t stop when the program is completed. In fact, it is just the start of a life-long learning process. First the program you may attend is usually only one part of ARiMI LECP™ Professional Learning and Competency standards. Second, in a world where the only constant is change, it is essential for professionals to keep on learning in order to stay ahead of the change ‘curve’. And it is actually a requirement for our graduates to commit themselves to Continuing Professional Development (CPD) in order to keep their knowledge and skills up to date.
For example, every year our certifications holders are expected to do something to demonstrate their professional expertise. It might be to return to campus to take new workshops. Or attend Risk Management conferences. It could also be to write an article on some important risk management issues. In any case, our alumni association, the ARiMI SCALE Network will provide opportunities for ongoing exchange. The learning should never stop.
The ARiMI Certification programs have been designed with busy working professionals in mind. Thanks to the modular approach, it gives participants the flexibility to combine learning and working effectively at the same time. The program runs about 2 times (i.e. 2 intakes) per year, with each intake being spread into 2 sessions (Master Classes) over a 2-month period.
Please refer to the “Calendar & Fees” Tab to explore how you can arrange your learning pace to attend the required modules.
Expert Program Faculty & Guest Speakers
For the CPRM™ program, participants will have the advantage of learning directly from a Thought Leader in the field of risk management, Marc RONEZ. Marc is an highly credentialed practitioner, well-known speaker, skilled educator, groundbreaking researcher and entrepreneur.
We also invite recognized experts and business leaders to share their experiences during special sessions or segments of our workshops. Hence, our trainers and guest speakers will bring to the participants a wealth of knowledge and practical experience that will provide a lot of insights on how to answer practical work challenges.
For more information, click on the name of the faculty for this program below: