Privacy & Data Protection Policy
Published June 6, 2017
Welcome the Asia Risk Management Institute (ARiMI). This site provides information about ARiMI research, certification and training services as well as ARiMI’s position on important Risk management related matters.
ARiMI respects your privacy and recognises that your personal data is important to you. We are commited to protect the privacy of your personal information in accordance to the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) establishes a data protection law that governs the collection, use, disclosure and care of personal data. By providing your personal data to us, you are consenting to the collection, use and disclosure as described in this policy.
The policy explains how ARiMI gathers information and its handling practices. If you have any questions regarding ARiMI’s Privacy & Data Protection policy or do not feel that your concerns have been otherwise addressed, please contact the Data Protection Officer by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Type of Personal Data We Collect
We request information from you – in several ways such as through our website contact form, exam applications and courses and conferences registrations, surveys, and/or other channels – that may be used to personally identify you, including but not limited to:
- Your personal information such as your name, NRIC/FIN/Passport number, gender, date of birth;
- Your contact information such as postal addresses, email addresses, telephone and fax numbers;
- Your past and present employment information such as company name, company type, sector, designation, business telephone and fax numbers;
- Your past and present academic qualifications and academic results;
- Your billing information, including name of the credit/debit cardholder, credit/debit card number, security code and expiry date.
Purposes for which the Personal Data is Collected, Used and Disclosed
We may use the personal data you provided for one or more of the following purposes:
- To process and administer your membership and certification with us;
- To process your registration for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) training courses, events, seminars, workshops and/or conferences;
- For organising of events such as Conferences, Roundtables, Panel Discussions, Workshops and Talks and also corporate social responsibility projects;
- If you are an event attendee, speaker, or sponsor, some of your information will be included in the event roster, which roster will be publicly disclosed, and may also be shared with third-party such as event sponsors and exhibitors;
- To those who wish to determine if you are certified, your certification status will be shared with those who inquire about it;
- For identification and verification purposes in connection with any of the goods and/or services that may be supplied to you;
- To contact you regarding your enquiries and/or feedback;
- For the conduct of statistical studies and analysis by us or on our behalf;
- To send news and events updates, and/or marketing campaigns in relation to the goods and/or services that we and/or our business partners provide, or on our behalf.
- To facilitate payment for goods and/or services provided by us and/or a third party on our behalf including verification of credit card details with third parties and using the personal data you provide to conduct matching procedures against databases of known fraudulent transactions (maintained by us or third parties);
- To disclose to a third party to comply with any law, legal requirements, orders, directions or requests from any court, authority or government body of any jurisdiction, which may be within or outside Singapore;
- To help us improve our services to you;
- For purposes, which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
Disclosure of Personal Data
ARiMI will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data against unauthorised disclosure. Subject to the provisions of any applicable law, your Personal Data may be disclosed, for the purposes listed above (where applicable), to the following:
- Agents, contractors or third party service providers who provide operational services to ARiMI, such as courier services, information technology, system operation and maintenance or other services to ARiMI;
- Our professional advisers such as auditors and lawyers;
- Any other party to whom you authorise us to disclose your Personal Data to.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal information is treated securely at all times and in accordance with this Privacy Statement. We follow accepted industry standards with strict procedures and security features to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. Do note that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is completely secure. In particular any transmission via email is particularly vulnerable and is at your own risk. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
By using ARiMI’s website and its online portal, you signify your acceptance of our Privacy & Data Protection policy. If you, as a visitor, choose to register and log on as a member, register for courses or events, purchase products, apply for membership or certification, or otherwise submit personally identifiable information through our contact forms, you are consenting to ARiMI the use of such data in accordance with its Privacy & Data Protection policy. If you do not wish to agree with this policy, please do not use this Website or participate in any ARiMI’s activities or services. ARiMI also reserves the right, at its discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of this policy at any time. Your continued use of this Website following the posting of changes to these terms means that you accept such changes.
Links to Other Websites
ARiMI website and other digital and telecommunication channels may contain links to other sites that are operated by third party companies with different privacy practices. Please be aware that ARiMI is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. You should remain alert and read the privacy statements of other sites. We have no control over Personal Data that you submit to or receive from these third parties.
Data Access and Correlation
If you would like to have a copy of your personal data being held by us, or to update and/or correct the personal data which you have previously provided to us, there are two possibilities: if you are a member you directly access and correct you data, if you not a member, please write to us. We reserve the right, to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request. We will correct your personal data as soon as practicable.
Changes in this Privacy Statement
For any enquiries on our Privacy & Data Protection policy, please write to:
ARiMI – Asia Risk Management Institute
3 Temasek Avenue
#21-00 Centennial Tower